Restart Windows Explorer automatically with ShellDispenser
Restart Windows Explorer automatically
Often restarting Windows Explorer manually can get quite cumbersome. Especially when you want to do it the proper way. Until now you needed Task Manager to close Explorer the hard way (which is the improper way by the way). Or you could use the "Turn off computer" screen, but that takes even more time and mouse clicks. ShellDispenser on the other hand allows you to restart Windows Explorer quickly and easily!
ShellDispenser is a small utility that will make restarting Windows Explorer that much easier. Closing, starting and restarting Explorer can be done in multiple ways;
- from the main window and menu,
- with the press of a key,
- via a menu in the notification area and
- from the command line.
This way there will always be a method of manipulating Windows Explorer that best suits your needs. You can e.g. use ShellDispenser as a part of your installation process or as an integrated step in your namespace extension build process.
If restarting Explorer is a part of your job, then ShellDispenser is the tool you have been looking for!
When you are searching for a redistributable component to use in your application or development environment, then ShellDispenser-Dev might be a better choice for you.
Look at the screen shot page to see what ShellDispenser looks like.
Some benefits of ShellDispenser are:
- Close, start and restart Explorer with the press of a key
- Which hot keys to use is fully customizable
- Close Explorer the proper way (that is not by brutely terminating the process)
- All open Explorer folders can be re-opened when Explorer restarts
- All Explorer operations can be performed from the command line (for easy integration in scripts)
- Can be placed in the notification area to make more room on your screen
- Explorer is closed in a safe way
- Good on-line help support
- Very small application size
Look at the on-line help of ShellDispenser for a complete overview of the characteristics.
Do you have a suggestion for the next release? If so, send it to us via the support page.