The "About ShellDispenser" window shows you information about your installed version of ShellDispenser. You can use the version information and the release date to check if a more recent version is available. The latest version of ShellDispenser is available on the ShellDispenser website.
Note that ShellDispenser can also check for itself if a newer version is available via the main menu option "Help \ Check for updates..." in the main window. You can also subscribe to the ShellDispenser update mailing list so you will never miss an update to ShellDispenser.
Version 14.2.18 - February 18, 2014
- Closing Explorer is now performed in an even more robust manner.
- ShellDispenser now only closes the Explorer processes that run under the same user account.
- In some situations a failed Close during a Restart would not re-start Explorer.
Version 10.10.21 - October 21, 2010
- International text is now fully supported everywhere.
- Windows 95, 98 and ME are not supported anymore.
- When a chosen hot key is already in use by another application, this will be shown more descriptively.
Version 10.6.13 - June 13, 2010
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 are now supported.
- When restarting Explorer all folders that were opened will be opened again (if this setting is enabled in Windows).
- Multiple ShellDispenser versions can now more easily be installed on your computer simultaneously.
- Closing Explorer has become more fail-safe because ShellDispenser keeps retrying to close Explorer if it failed to close properly.
- The ShellDispenser installation process has been improved so licensed installations cannot be easily overwritten by trial versions.
- The list of surpressible questions and notifications has expanded; settings from previous installations are not re-used.
- Windows NT 4 is not supported anymore.
Version 10.3.15 - March 15, 2010
- ShellDispenser is now also available in Dutch.
- The details of your installed license can now easily been found in the "My license details" dialog, including your license number.
- ShellDispenser now uses end user license agreement version 1.4.
- The settings for which message and/or question to show are stored differently; these settings will be set to their defaults again when you upgrade to this version.
Version 8.11.27 - November 27, 2008
- ShellDispenser is now digitally signed to make downloads easier and to improve security and ensure integrity.
- The layout of the windows has been improved.
- The help files have been adjusted to improve screen reader accessibility.
Version 8.4.17 - April 17, 2008
- Sometimes ShellDispenser could not write out it's settings file after a clean installation.
Version 8.3.26 - March 26, 2008
- The version numbering scheme has changed to year.month.day.
- ShellDispenser now uses the EULA version 1.2.
Version 1.0.8 - January 14, 2007
- Added support to check for updates at the TwoLogs website.
- The version numbering scheme has changed.
- ShellDispenser now uses the EULA version 1.1.
Version 18.104.22.168 - May 26, 2006
- ShellDispenser will not give warnings anymore if Explorer is stopped when the computer shuts down or logs off.
Version 22.214.171.124 - May 22, 2006
- ShellDispenser now stores it's settings in all circumstances when the computer shuts down.
Version 126.96.36.199 - April 18, 2006
- Added user feedback possibility when uninstalling ShellDispenser.
Version 188.8.131.52 - April 10, 2006
- Added support for Windows 2000, Windows NT 4, Windows ME and Windows 98.
- ShellDispenser is now compatible with the Explorer option "Launch folder windows in a seperate process".
- Fixed an issue with double-clicking on the notification icon that caused the neighbouring icon to also receive mouse clicks.
Version 184.108.40.206 - February 27, 2006
- Added the option to automatically start ShellDispenser on computer startup.
- More confirmation messages are shown before potentially unsafe or tricky operations.
- Confirmation messages can now be suppressed per message type; they can also be suppressed more easily.
- ShellDispenser can now be started minimized to the notification area.
- Added extra quietness command line flag to show errors but not to show warnings.
- Improved program settings dialog layout.
Version 220.127.116.11 - February 18, 2006
- Added Windows XP window style support.
- Minimizing to the notification area can now also be set on Window close.
- Added option to not show confirmation message on successfull close, start and restart.
Version 18.104.22.168 - February 14, 2006