ShellDispenser version history
The latest version of ShellDispenser is 14.2.18 from February 18, 2014. If you want to be informed when a new version of ShellDispenser is released you can subscribe to our ShellDispenser update mailing list.
Below is the version history of ShellDispenser. Listed for each version is which new characteristics are added (New), which existing characteristics have been improved or changed (Changed) and which issues have been solved (Fixed).
Version 14.2.18 - February 18, 2014
- Closing Explorer is now performed in an even more robust manner.
- ShellDispenser now only closes the Explorer processes that run under the same user account.
- In some situations a failed Close during a Restart would not re-start Explorer.
Version 10.10.21 - October 21, 2010
- International text is now fully supported everywhere.
- Windows 95, 98 and ME are not supported anymore.
- When a chosen hot key is already in use by another application, this will be shown more descriptively.
Version 10.6.13 - June 13, 2010
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 are now supported.
- When restarting Explorer all folders that were opened will be opened again (if this setting is enabled in Windows).
- Multiple ShellDispenser versions can now more easily be installed on your computer simultaneously.
- Closing Explorer has become more fail-safe because ShellDispenser keeps retrying to close Explorer if it failed to close properly.
- The ShellDispenser installation process has been improved so licensed installations cannot be easily overwritten by trial versions.
- The list of surpressible questions and notifications has expanded; settings from previous installations are not re-used.
- Windows NT 4 is not supported anymore.
Version 10.3.15 - March 15, 2010
- ShellDispenser is now also available in Dutch.
- The details of your installed license can now easily been found in the "My license details" dialog, including your license number.
- ShellDispenser now uses end user license agreement version 1.4.
- The settings for which message and/or question to show are stored differently; these settings will be set to their defaults again when you upgrade to this version.
Version 8.11.27 - November 27, 2008
- ShellDispenser is now digitally signed to make downloads easier and to improve security and ensure integrity.
- The layout of the windows has been improved.
- The help files have been adjusted to improve screen reader accessibility.
Version 8.4.17 - April 17, 2008
- Sometimes ShellDispenser could not write out it's settings file after a clean installation.
Version 8.3.26 - March 26, 2008
- The version numbering scheme has changed to year.month.day.
- ShellDispenser now uses the EULA version 1.2.
Version 1.0.8 - January 14, 2007
- Added support to check for updates at the TwoLogs website.
- The version numbering scheme has changed.
- ShellDispenser now uses the EULA version 1.1.
Version 220.127.116.11 - May 26, 2006
- ShellDispenser will not give warnings anymore if Explorer is stopped when the computer shuts down or logs off.
Version 18.104.22.168 - May 22, 2006
- ShellDispenser now stores it's settings in all circumstances when the computer shuts down.
Version 22.214.171.124 - April 18, 2006
- Added user feedback possibility when uninstalling ShellDispenser.
Version 126.96.36.199 - April 10, 2006
- Added support for Windows 2000, Windows NT 4, Windows ME and Windows 98.
- ShellDispenser is now compatible with the Explorer option "Launch folder windows in a seperate process".
- Fixed an issue with double-clicking on the notification icon that caused the neighbouring icon to also receive mouse clicks.
Version 188.8.131.52 - February 27, 2006
- Added the option to automatically start ShellDispenser on computer startup.
- More confirmation messages are shown before potentially unsafe or tricky operations.
- Confirmation messages can now be suppressed per message type; they can also be suppressed more easily.
- ShellDispenser can now be started minimized to the notification area.
- Added extra quietness command line flag to show errors but not to show warnings.
- Improved program settings dialog layout.
Version 184.108.40.206 - February 18, 2006
- Added Windows XP window style support.
- Minimizing to the notification area can now also be set on Window close.
- Added option to not show confirmation message on successfull close, start and restart.
Version 220.127.116.11 - February 14, 2006